You won’t make 30 and BIG news!

I turned thirty in October I was never meant to make it to thirty. The consultants told my Mum and I, “she will be lucky to make it to 20.” Well my 20th came and went..I’m still here. After the heart attack at 21, another consultant said “she will be lucky to see thirty.” Well here I am, alive and kicking… and PLEASED TO BE WRITING AGAIN!


So as I said in my last post, I’ve been settling down and growing up. Now I will let you know about the next chapter! 


In the last two years Chris and I have become closer and closer and have gone through many milestones together, including a MASSIVE milestone of ENGAGEMENT. 

On 23rd July 2020 Chris took a day off work. This particular day was beautiful. The sun was shining, and the atmosphere was just full of happiness and joy. I’d finished my first year in university-I am studying a second degree in Health and Social Care. I finished my first year with a FIRST! Chris said as a treat he was taking me for a picnic at our favourite place- Beverley Westwood. We were going to sit under our favourite tree and just enjoy the day. At Westwood, we sat under our favourite tree, and Chris brought the Prosecco out. He really knows how to treat me. He put my favourite song on La Vie En Rose. I thought how romantic the picnic was going to be. All I felt in that moment for Chris was love. He has always treated me like a queen. He took my hand, he looked into my eyes and he started to read this poem he’d written. This poem came from his heart and soul. At the end of the poem he asked me to MARRY HIM! 

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that is the sound I let out. I obviously said YES!
 I jumped on him and hugged him. That was one of the most special moments in my life. The way he made me feel. All I felt was butterflies and ever lasting love. 
Love for this wonderful man, who came into my life and showed me what true love is. The man who accepted my disability and can see they do not define me. The man who respects me in every way. The man whom when I kiss I feel like we become one. The man who is kind, intelligent, and has the most beautiful soul.
The man who I absolutely love and adore. My everything.

 
The moment we got ENGAGED!


Cheeky kisses!



Now we are going through all the incredible fun and wonderment of arranging our wedding. The wedding is in November 2022. We have picked a beautiful venue in Beverley and I will be posting soon about our plans. I don’t want to write everything down in one post! 

On my birthday weekend we went to beautiful Whitby, and AGAIN Chris outdid himself. I am going to write about one specific moment, as once again I want to do a whole post on our spectacular time in Whitby. On our first day there Chris and I went to Whitby Abbey. Now reaching Whitby Abbey is a feat in itself, you have to climb 199 steps! Well it’s the first time since I was 21 I climbed the steps. Chris was willing me on all the way being so supportive. We reached the top of the ancient steps and had a lovely look round. The views from Whitby Abbey are absolutely breath taking. When you stand there and look at the infinite abyss which is the sea, you realise you are but a butterfly on the breeze, flying around this infinite universe. Unfortunately we didn’t see Dracula, which was quite disappointing. I always remember the story my Mum used to tell us…
Well you do realise that Dracula used to land on the beach below the Abbey? He’d then take in the breath-taking view go for a little walk, then fly up to the abbey.
We bought every word….


I could look at the view all day!

On the steps! 


I told Chris this story and we both laughed. After our walk around the beautiful church and Whitby Abbey we ended up at the gift shop.
As the typical tourist does I bought a tea-towel to give to my Mum. She really loved it. I headed outside the gift shop and waited for Chris. He came out the gift shop with a present for me, and I looked at the present. At that moment a thought crossed my mind so I rushed in and bought the same present for Chris. The present we bought for each other was a ring. I was just going to give Chris the ring as a token of my love, but yet again Chris out did himself as the true romantic.
This wonderful, amazing, spectacular man told me how much he loved me and how we will always be there for me, and how he will always love me. He had my hands in his. My heart was thumping in my chest. I could feel the biggest smile on my face. I told Chris we will be together forever. I will ALWAYS love you. I will never do anything to hurt you. Chris said “I guess that makes you Mrs W.” He had the biggest grin on his face I’ve ever seen. We’d exchanged our own little vows in front of the beautiful Whitby Abbey.
Whitby Abbey! The history it’s seen! 

Love is more than a ring…

But it shows we’ve made a promise to love each other.

HAPPPPPPY!



I wake up each day with the beautiful ring he bought me, reliving that beautiful moment we shared. I am Mrs W and I can’t wait to become legally Mrs W.

So you now know the big wonderful news. ❤️❤️❤️

Comments

Popular Posts